ACSI is hiring a remote Translation Project Coordinator – Service Production
SEND US YOUR CV!
SUBJECT LINE: PROJECT COORDINATOR – SERVICE PRODUCTION CANDIDATE
ACSI Translations is a DC-based certified small business rooted in complete dedication to our clients and providing language access for all. In 2011, we started our first interpreting work into Spanish; we have now become a firm focused on comprehensive language access solutions and offer services in: translation, interpretation, sign language, transcription, consulting on language localization, as well as market and feasibility studies into over 60 languages. With a focused presence in the U.S. Mid-Atlantic Region, we support local county governments, cities, federal clients, enterprise clients and our business continues to evolve. We are always working to build our technical capacity, improve efficiencies and financial stability, provide the best value for our clients, and create growth opportunities for our awesome team members.
Individual Contractor Agreement
HOURS: Monday through Friday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. EST
- Handle a translation project, including its timeline, give instructions and assign jobs to resources to deliver in a timely manner making sure QC is maintained.
- Create quotes per client’s request.
- Customer care/education: communication via mail, video or phone in a clear, concise, and in an easy-to-understand way.
- Vendor management
- Assist with the maintenance of style guides, glossaries, translation memories and term bases through appropriate research and consultation with the team.
- Maintain assignments costs in the system.
- Manage and recruit newly qualified linguists.
- Provide linguistic and cultural advice and guidance to translators and clients.
- Follow the Team Lead’s instructions and perform tasks accordingly.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven experience in project management (2+ years).
- BA in Management, Administration or related fields (BA in Translation will be considered provided management experience can be proven)
- Principles of translation: candidates should have a strong knowledge of the translation industry.
- Language proficiency: fluency in English; native Spanish speaker.
- Good internet connection (at least 20mb)
- Proven experience in Translation technology, including scheduling platforms and CAT tools.
- PERSON IN THIS POSITION MUST:
- Have strong attention to detail skills.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be able to collaborate in a professional manner with other team members and vendors.
- Have multitasking skills and be proactive.
- Be able to work outside of working hours when needed.
- Have good analytical skills.
- Have excellent organizational skills and be able to carry them in a collaborative, digital environment.
- Be able to work under pressure and solve last-minute issues.
- Exhibit and maintain professional and ethical behavior at all times.
- Adhere to ACSI policies and procedures.
- The following will be considered an asset:
- A third language is desirable.
- Use Adobe programs proficiently, such as: Acrobat, InDesign, and Publisher
- Good knowledge of localization, audiovisual translation, and website translation will be considered an asset.
- Experience in Multilingual Desktop Publishing
- Experience in the following platforms: Memsource and Plunet
- Passion for researching new technologies to stay abreast of developments in the field of translation.
- BA in Management or Administration.
DISCLAIMER: The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by personnel within this post. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications required of personnel in this position.